Team Leader (Chemistry)
Posted on 10/02/17
Peakdale Molecular has achieved significant growth through 2016, where they have successfully recruited many talented synthetic organic chemists to join their fast growing teams.
The ever-increasing success in delivering on customer needs means that expansion will continue in 2017. To meet this growth, they require experienced synthetic organic chemists to lead various teams.
As a permanent, full time Chemistry Leader in the company, you will:
- Line manage a team of up to seven chemists, taking responsibility for their development and performance
- Be responsible for, and promote, the highest standards of Health and Safety in your laboratory
- Interact with peers and senior management to ensure consistent practices are employed across the organisation
- Carry out complex chemical syntheses using a wide range of techniques and support others within your team
- Utilise your scientific expertise to generate solutions to problems encountered within your team
- Project manage chemistry projects, liaising with external customers
- BSc/MChem in chemistry with substantial experience in organic synthesis in PhD in organic chemistry (or related) plus clear and demonstrable industrial experience
- Experience in leading and managing teams
- Ability to coach and support individuals
- Demonstrate an innovative approach to problem solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work to deadlines
- High level of self-motivation and a strong desire to succeed
Peakdale Molecular (part of the Concept Life Sciences Group) is a leading UK-based CRO, providing organic chemistry solutions to the pharmaceutical petrochemical and materials industries.
As a company, we have a single aim: to accelerate our customers’ discovery initiatives through innovation.
With over 100 chemists, Peakdale’s employees are the foundation to our success.
Peakdale Molecular offers a competitive starting salary, structured career progression and the opportunity to make a real difference.
We are proud to play a part in your personal career development, supporting you step-by-step throughout your professional growth.
Benefits include flexible working hours, Cigna dental care, Bupa private healthcare, employee benefits programme, life insurance, 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) and a cycle to work scheme.
A discretionary relocation package is also available.
To find out more about Peakdale Molecular please visit us at www.peakdale.co.uk or to learn more about our Sandwich site please click here.
If you want to join our exciting growing business, please send a copy of your CV (including any site preference) and your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org