Posted on 31/05/16
Based in Sandwich
Our client, already well-established in Asia, is launching a new venture in East Kent in the production of bulk pharmaceutical products using environmentally sustainable methods of production.
This pioneering manufacturer is developing its operation to include the US and European markets. We are recruiting in all areas of this ground-breaking, innovative organisation providing a chance for ideal candidates to be involved at its inception.
To be successful you will be driven, hardworking and enthusiastic, fully appreciating the effort and commitment required to ensure the success of this exciting project.
Overall purpose of the job:
To oversee the production team in the allocated area of the facility ensuring that quality and efficiency standards and targets are maintained at all times.
- Supervise the production of existing and potential products in the wet and dry processing facility
- Implement and maintain production schedules and resources requirements.
- Monitoring of Distributed Control System (DCS) taking appropriate action for any variations.
- Provide guidance and direction to the team to ensure operations meet regulatory, GMP requirements and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Provide general supervision, assigning of tasks and checking of work at prescribed intervals, taking any necessary remedial action.
- Provide training and support to team members.
- Encourage all of the team to work within a continuously improving environment by consistent communication of objectives and standards
- Ensure that all HSE regulations are adhered to.
- A good level of education – secondary level or equivalent.
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment, pharma or biotech.
- Experience of working in a GMP, regulated environment.
- Experience of leading and motivation teams and allocating resources and tasks to meet business need.
- Experience of monitoring a Distributed Control System.
- Knowledge and experience of following and promoting safe working practices.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to follow standard operating procedures in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to work to deadlines and schedules.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Self-motivated with ability to work proactively using own initiative.
- A team player.
- Credible and confident verbal and written communicator at plant and management level.
- Possess a “can do” attitude in face of challenging situations.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- The role will require manual handling so ability to safely and routinely perform manual handling activities.
This is literally a ‘once in a lifetime’ chance to secure a dynamic and refreshing role so if you are passionate about making your mark in this industry please contact us for further details. About Morgan Jones:
This role is being handled by Morgan Jones Recruitment Consultants. We have been established as a quality recruitment business for over 15 years with a reputation for fair and equal representation. We see each applicant as an individual and will treat you accordingly. We would love to talk to you to give you more information about our client and discuss the role.
To view other great opportunities please check out our website or call us on 01843 604890 for a confidential chat about upcoming opportunities.
Follow Morgan Jones on your favourite social networks - Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ and Pinterest.
Due to the high volume of applicants applying for all roles, we can only reply to candidates with the most relevant skills and experience. If you have not heard back from us within 48 hours of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.