Senior Analytical Scientist
Posted on 12/01/17
For Us, It’s a Mission
At Mylan, we mean it when we say we work every day to provide access to high quality medicines to the world’s seven billion people.
If you are unconventional, relentless and passionate. If you believe in doing what’s right, not what’s easy. If you are a doer and have a passion for serving others, we want to talk to you.
Make a Difference
At Mylan, each person has the ability to make a difference.
From the providers who sell and market our products to the producers who develop and manufacture them and finally to our business partners who support the providers and producers, we all have a mission critical role.
We are recruiting for a QC laboratory based Senior Analytical Scientist to carry out analytical testing and other analytical activities in support of product development, clinical studies and product registration.
Main accountabilities will include:
- Working within a QC team within a R&D organisation, carrying out all analytical activities required to deliver new respiratory products to clinical studies and commercialisation
- Lead the planning and execution of experiments to generate scientific understanding in development of analytical methods, formulations and processes
- Perform analyses related to clinical supplies, stability and process scale up
- Process and review data, interpret results and report experimental outcomes to project development team
- Lead the troubleshooting of instrumentation and investigation of aberrant samples results
- Maintain laboratory documentation in accordance with cGMP documentation practices
- Deputise for the QC team leader
- Contribute to project delivery by carrying out other tasks (e.g. laboratory housekeeping, ordering, shipping samples) as required
- Work with other senior analysts to lead the analytical laboratory operation and identify opportunities for improvements in working practices and procedures
- Oversee the day-to-day work of less experienced analytical laboratory staff
Make Our Values Your Values
Mylan hires only the best.
People who thrive in a culture of innovation and empowerment. People who are active learners and have a positive attitude.
People who are leaders and know that by working together we can run faster, reach higher and achieve more.
By doing so, we will continue to set new standards in healthcare. Here are the minimum qualifications and essential functions for this position:
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science Degree or substantial practice work experience
- Good IT skills (including Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Good understanding of laboratory safety and best practice
- Good understanding of basic principles of physical, organic and analytical chemistry, and can demonstrate advanced knowledge in specific areas related to their experience
- Highly familiar with calculations used in analytical chemistry and the application of statistics
- Good understanding and substantial practical experience of modern laboratory techniques, including HPLC
- Able to work with others to plan the day-to-day work of a small team
- Able to work autonomously to deliver multiple tasks, planning own work to consistently achieve output of high quality results in a timely manner
- Able to work collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Able to lead troubleshooting and investigations
- Proficiency in speaking, comprehending, reading and writing English is required
- Experience in development and testing of Inhalation Products
- Experience of physical properties testing, e.g. particle size, surface area, amorphous content
- Knowledge of cGMP/GLP
- Knowledge of statistics (e.g. T-test, ANOVA, linear regression)
If If you want to be a part of a global health care company that is making a difference and changing lives, Mylan may be the place for you. With a workforce of more than 30,000 worldwide, we can make a difference. We encourage you to visit Mylan.com to learn more about our unconventional culture, our approach to doing business and how we plan to set new standards in health care.
Mylan offers competitive salary, excellent benefits and an environment conducive to professional growth and advancement.
Mylan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To submit your application, please visit www.mylan.com/careers and select UK - you will then need to create a candidate profile to apply for the position.