Scientific Sales Representative – Laboratory Products and Services
Posted on 22/03/17
Jaytee are the UK’s leading independent Analytical Service Support Company specialising in the service and calibration of scientific equipment and the supply of associated products and consumables.
To support our continued success, we are appointing a Scientific Sales Representative.
This role will expand our sales team and assist as we develop our customer base in pharmaceutical and life science companies by focussing on laboratories using HPLC, UHPLC, GC, GCMS, LCMS and other analytical instrumentation.
- Qualifying opportunities and setting priorities for follow up with the Sales Manager
- Selling and promoting Jaytee’s services, products & consumables portfolio to a defined customer base
- Communicating with customers and colleagues using a variety of techniques including telephone, email to follow up on opportunities and close orders
- Providing accurate, timely quotations to customers
- Develop product knowledge to advise customer on appropriate product and consumables selection
- Help upskill Service Engineers to facilitate improved effectiveness and promote Lead Generation
- Makes recommendations on portfolio expansion/rationalisation
- Building and maintaining the customer database
Key areas of focus:
- Increasing sales of Jaytee’s products, consumables, services portfolio
- Builds brand loyalty
- Customer acquisition, retention & account management
- Achieves desired business results
- A scientific background including experience in an analytical laboratory or an active interest in Science & Technology
- A desire to work in a scientific sales environment
- Minimum ONC/HNC or on the road to a professional qualification in science, engineering or related discipline. Suitable relevant experience will also be considered
- Customer Service focused with strong communication abilities and ‘can do’ approach
- Knowledge of the pharmaceutical sector and its working practices is an advantage
- Commercial acumen - able to structure and negotiate in sales situations
- Able to demonstrate he/she is an effective networker
- Demonstrated planning, prioritisation and time management skills
- Demonstrates a winning attitude and is an engaging team player
- Flexible working considered
- Desire to progress into a Field Sales role
- UK driving licence
For the correct candidate this would be considered this as a trainee position.