Posted on 10/02/17
Peakdale Molecular (part of the Concept Life Sciences Group) is a leading UK-based CRO, providing early phase drug discovery services to the pharmaceutical industry as well as R&D support to the diagnostic, petrochemical and materials industries.
As a company, we have a single aim: to accelerate our customers’ discovery initiatives through innovation.
By applying our renowned skills for problem-solving and open communications, Peakdale scientists pride themselves on seizing the initiative and providing the energy, skill and creativity needed to help fulfil project objectives.
Based in two UK locations: Sandwich (Kent) and Chapel-en-le-Frith (Derbyshire), our workforce contains skilled scientists across several disciplines and comprises one of the largest chemistry groups in the UK.
We believe our employees are the foundation to our success and we are proud to play a part in your personal career development, supporting you step-by-step throughout your professional growth.
Peakdale Molecular has a permanent full time opportunity for a Research Leader at its Sandwich site, reporting to the Head of Chemistry.
We would welcome applications from individuals with a background in the drug discovery industry gained from within a pharmaceutical company, biotech or CRO.
- Highly skilled organic chemistry experimentalist able to perform challenging syntheses and purifications. Gives expert guidance and mentoring in experimental techniques to more junior colleagues when required
- Collaboration with both internal and external groups to enable smooth running of medicinal chemistry programmes
- Project management of customers medicinal chemistry programmes and oversees other customers medicinal chemistry programmes
- As part of the management team will work closely with the sales and marketing team providing technical support as and when required
- Responsibilities also include driving continuous improvement initiatives, H and S leadership and accountability, recruitment and external presentation of science
- PhD or degree in chemistry plus relevant experience in organic synthesis and medicinal chemistry
- Considerable experience in the drug discovery industry gained from within a pharmaceutical company, biotech or CRO
- Proven track record in leading medicinal chemistry programmes within a pharmaceutical company, biotech or CRO
In return, Peakdale Molecular can offer a competitive starting salary, career progression and the opportunity to make a real difference.
Benefits include flexible working hours, Bupa dental care, Bupa private healthcare, employee benefits programme, life insurance, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and a cycle to work scheme.
If you want to join an exciting growing business, please send a copy of your CV and your salary expectations to email@example.com