Posted on 10/11/15
Our client, already well-established in Asia, is launching a new venture in East Kent in the production of bulk pharmaceutical products using environmentally sustainable methods of production. This pioneering manufacturer is developing its operation to include the US and European markets. We are recruiting in all areas of this ground-breaking, innovative organisation providing a chance for ideal candidates to be involved at its inception. To be successful you will be driven, hardworking and enthusiastic, fully appreciating the effort and commitment required to ensure the success of this exciting project.
Overall purpose of the job:
To carryout testing of variety of samples including raw materials, intermediates/bulk and APIs using wide range of analytical techniques and to deliver accurate results on-time and ensuring that 24/7 operations are conducted in accordance with the implemented schedule and cGMP standards.
- Using a range of analytical techniques to undertake the testing of raw materials, in-process, validation samples and final APIs in accordance with SOP’s and cGMP regulations.
- Collect and process samples in a timely manner.
- Follows standard operating procedures to carry out analyses using a wide range of analytical techniques.
- Maintain critical equipment and instrumentation.
- Provides routine maintenance and troubleshooting including HPLC and GC.
- Performs routine equipment maintenance including calibration and general laboratory housekeeping duties.
- Develops analytical methods and validation when required.
- Writes test method validation protocols and reports.
- Ensure that all HSE regulations are adhered to.
- A degree in chemistry or a related discipline.
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of an analytical testing role within a pharmaceutical environment.
- Previous experience of testing API’s and excipients products preferred.
- Knowledge and experience of HPLC, GC, UV-Vis, FTIR and a variety of physical testing instruments.
- Experience of working in a GMP environment.
Skills and Abilities
- To be able to follow SOP’s in a quality control function.
- To be able to plan, execute and deliver high quality analytical results.
- Self-motivated and able to work proactively with minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Credible and confident verbal and written communication skills at all levels.
- Good IT Skills e.g. Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- A flexible and adaptive team player.
- To be able to undertake a 24/7 shift pattern of working.
This is literally a ‘once in a lifetime’ chance to secure a dynamic and refreshing role so if you are passionate about making your mark in this industry please contact us for further details.
Jane Deadman: firstname.lastname@example.org (Tel: 01843 604890)
or Chelsey Burt-Davies: email@example.com (Tel: 01843 604890)