Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineers (Sandwich, Kent): £25-31k (+10% call out)
Posted on 06/10/15
Our client, already well-established in Asia, is launching a new venture in East Kent in the production of bulk pharmaceutical products using environmentally sustainable methods of production. This pioneering manufacturer is developing its operation to include the US and European markets. We are recruiting in all areas of this ground-breaking, innovative organisation providing a chance for ideal candidates to be involved at its inception. To be successful you will be driven, hardworking and enthusiastic, fully appreciating the effort and commitment required to ensure the success of this exciting project.
Overall purpose of the job:
The Multi-Skilled Engineers will hold a key position in the support of a new Pharmaceutical Production Facility. Experience of maintaining and repairing all aspects of Pharmaceutical Equipment is required. You will have a strong Electrical and Mechanical engineering background, as well as an understanding of Instrumentation, PLC’s and DCS systems. The position will undertake day-to-day maintenance activities to keep the Pharmaceutical facility running. The role will also provide out of hours cover to ensure failures and breakdowns are resolved in a timely manner. Initially the role will assist with the delivery of the construction and commissioning phases, so previous project experience would be an advantage.
- The role will be responsible for maintaining and improving the reliability of all equipment, by analysing the performance of equipment and delivering the preventative and predictive maintenance plan.
- The role will provide breakdown response for all equipment within the plant. Proven knowledge of Vessels, Centrifuges, Dryers, Packaging Equipment, Warehouse Management Systems and Support Utilities is required.
- The role will translate Management objectives and develop, integrate and optimize PPM plans within the limits of relevant laws, regulations, SHE and manufacturing requirements.
- The role will also support the development of Capital Projects and perform conceptual basic engineering on new projects.
- NVQ / City and Guilds, Apprenticeship
- Demonstrated experience in a multi skilled maintenance function
- 17th Edition
- Current FLT License
- A minimum of 5 years hands-on engineering experience, in Pharmaceutical maintenance, that should include Production Plant, Packaging Equipment and Scientific Laboratories
- Completing Planned Preventative Maintenance and Reactive Maintenance
- Mechanical knowledge and fault finding skills
- Electrical knowledge and fault finding skills
- Automated Processes knowledge and fault finding skills for PLC’s and DCS
- Experience in operating in a highly regulated environment
- Shift work experience
- Broad multi-disciplinary engineering knowledge in manufacturing operations, including API introduction, cost reduction and quality improvements.
- Knowledge of Engineering, Design and Compliance standards in API manufacturing or relevant industry.
- Thorough understanding of ATEX, SIL, PED and UK\EU standards.
- Working knowledge of plant operations.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ensuring compliance with all Health, Safety and Environmental Standards
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Forward thinking and able to focus on tasks at hand.
- Driven by results.
- Team player, who can work within a multi-disciplinary team and work cross-functionally.
- Self- starter who is confident and capable to challenge the team to think out of the box.
- Creative problem solver with ability to execute ideas and stay focused on the end goal.
- Flexible and Adaptive; able to explore many ideas simultaneously.
- Strong organisational skills and ability to manage time effectively.
- Ability to work to challenging time scales.