Metabolite Identification Expert - Sandwich, Kent
Posted on 07/01/16
York Bioanalytical Solutions is the premier, independent UK-based provider of bioanalytical, metabolism and ADME services to the world’s pharmaceutical industry. As such, we have strong ideas about the value of our staff in providing a top quality scientific service to our clients and recognise the importance of providing an environment in which our employees feel valued and can develop to the best of their abilities.
We require the following individual to join our friendly, professional team. The successful candidate will perform metabolite characterisation studies in support of human or animal health drug discovery and development, at our facility at Discovery Park in Sandwich, Kent.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Ability to perform laboratory tasks such as in vitro incubations, sample preparation and mass spectrometric structural elucidation
• Expertise of relevant analytical tools, including HPLC, radiochemical detection, UV and mass spectrometry (both nominal mass and high-resolution) and their application to metabolite characterisation studies
• In-depth knowledge of metabolism, enzymology and ADME processes
• Sound knowledge of metabolite characterisation strategies across drug discovery and development
• Ability to design iterative metabolism experiments and troubleshoot analytical issues
• Ability to train others to perform all aspects of metabolite characterisation studies
• Flexibility to undertake multiple, potentially complex studies in parallel
• Aptitude for scientific publications, presentations and customer interactions
• A meticulous approach to record keeping and report preparation
Candidates will ideally be educated to degree or higher degree level in a relevant scientific subject. At least 5 years’ experience of work in a metabolite characterisation role is desirable. The grading of the role is flexible dependent on experience and relevant qualifications.
If you would like to work in a friendly and flexible environment and feel you have the right qualities, please send a detailed CV to:
Angus Nedderman, York Bioanalytical Solutions, Discovery Park House, Discovery Park, Ramsgate Road, Sandwich, Kent, CT13 9ND, UK
or HR Administrator, York Bioanalytical Solutions, Cedar House, Northminster Business Park, Upper Poppleton, York, YO26 6QR, UK Telephone +44 (0)1904 686072 firstname.lastname@example.org