Manufacturing Scientist (6 month contract)
Posted on 16/03/17
Come Join Us
Position: Manufacturing Scientist (6 month contract) Location: Sandwich, Kent, UK Contract: Contract position – 6 months Company: Mylan Global Respiratory Group
For Us, It’s a Mission
At Mylan, we mean it when we say we work every day to provide access to high quality medicines to the world’s 7 billion people. If you are unconventional, relentless and passionate.
If you believe in doing what’s right, not what’s easy. If you are a doer and have a passion for serving others, we want to talk to you.
Make a Difference
At Mylan, each person has the ability to make a difference. From the providers who sell and market our products to the producers who develop and manufacture them and finally to our business partners who support the providers and producers, we all have a mission critical role.
This position requires an individual to work in the manufacturing operations group on drug candidate development projects under the supervision of a team leader.
The successful candidate will need to be a productive and innovative technician responsible for producing high quality results coupled with the ability to work within a cGMP environment, and able to communicate effectively with colleagues.
- Assist in production of development and clinical batches.
- Perform all processes of drug product manufacture including blending, filling and assembly.
- Adherence to cGMP regulations/guidance
- Attention to detail, ensure any issues are raised to the appropriate level within defined timelines.
- Organisational and planning skills and the ability to cooperate with others in a team environment will be critical to success
- Assist in the review and creation of operation documents by providing input to the technical composition of the document.
Make Our Values Your Values
Mylan hires only the best.
People who thrive in a culture of innovation and empowerment.
People who are active learners and have a positive attitude. People who are leaders and know that by working together we can run faster, reach higher and achieve more. By doing so, we will continue to set new standards in healthcare.
Here are the minimum qualifications and essential functions for this position:
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, and experience with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- A thorough understanding of formulation relating to drug product development.
- Meeting goals/successful delivery
- Practical experience of inhaled drug product product development.
- Understanding of COSHH and risk assessments.
- Training of others in use of equipment/procedures
Education and Training
- Experience in relevant subject (Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Formulation, Pharmaceutical Sciences or other science related discipline) and relevant pharmaceutical experience
- HND OR equivalent
- Desire to undertake hands-on laboratory work.
- Result driven and action oriented.
- Wants to work in multidisciplinary team/s
- Interest in formulation science/process development
- Desire and ability to learn and develop
- Flexible & resilient, ability to manage change.
- Communicates effectively with partners at interfaces of work group
If you want to be a part of a global health care company that is making a difference and changing lives, Mylan may be the place for you. With a workforce of more than 35,000 worldwide, we can make a difference.
We encourage you to visit www.Mylan.com to learn more about our unconventional culture, our approach to doing business and how we plan to set new standards in health care.
Mylan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To submit your application, please submit your CV/Covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org – stating “Manufacturing Scientist - Contractor” in the subject line.