HR Manager opportunity based onsite at the Discovery Park in Kent!
Posted on 12/04/16
Our client, already well-established in Asia, is launching a new venture in East Kent in the production of bulk pharmaceutical products using environmentally sustainable methods of production. This pioneering manufacturer is developing its operation to include UK and European markets. Initially, we are recruiting for a HR Manager for this ground-breaking, innovative organisation providing a chance for successfully selected candidates to be involved at its inception. The successful candidate will be committed, driven, hardworking and enthusiastic and will play key roles in ensuring the success of this exciting venture.
The purpose of role is to drive and deliver a proactive, efficient and effective HR service to support the business, working in partnership with management to identify opportunities and areas of improvement to support improved organisational and people performance.
- Supporting the Senior management team with organisational planning and design, succession planning, job design and resource requirements for a 24/7 manufacturing facility.
- Developing processes and metrics that support the achievement of business objectives and production targets.
- Advising and coaching line managers on all operational employee relations issues such as absence management, disciplinaries, grievances, recruitment and selection, employment legislation and participating in such meetings as necessary.
- Developing policies and ensuring that policies and practices within the Company are compliant with the latest legislation and effectively communicated.
- Monitoring absenteeism, recommending and coaching line managers on appropriate action.
- Developing and managing the recruitment and selection process, supporting managers with interviewing and selection.
- Issuing of employment contracts, new starter packs and arranging inductions.
- Maintenance of employee files and databases.
- Overseeing the recruitment process for overseas applicants ensuring the correct processes are followed and documentation completed to comply with legislative requirements.
- Overseeing the introduction of new employees into the organisation, providing the necessary information and support to ensure they are integrated into their new role in a timely and effectively manner.
- Managing the appraisal process, ensuring timely completion and identifying areas for learning and development.
- Developing talent within the business through succession planning and retention of key roles.
- Proactively making recommendations and advising senior management of areas for improvement.
- Coordinating internal communications within the Company.
- Developing and managing reward within the business to include pay structures, reviews and benefits programme.
- Developing and delivering training within the business such as recruitment, appraisals, absence management, equality and diversity
- Taking a lead role in managing change around changes to terms or restructures.
- Developing and providing KPIs and management reports to the senior team.
- Driving the implementation of action plans resulting from employee engagement and performance improvement initiatives.
- Ensuring compliance with HR legal requirements and governmental regulations ensuring Management teams are briefed appropriately.
- Fully CIPD qualified
- 3-5 years’ experience of working in a HR Management role.
- Experience of working within the manufacturing industry.
- Demonstrable experience of delivering in a highly operational role.
- Experience of engaging with and motivating teams from across the business.
- Experience of developing a cohesive and collaborative working environment.
- Experience of recruiting globally.
- Experience of developing and delivering initiative that bring about improved organisational performance.
- Experience of working with unions.
- Thorough Knowledge of employment law
- Thorough knowledge of HR functions, including recruitment & selection, performance management, employee relations, resources planning, organisational development and compensation.
If you are determined and dedicated, then this vacancy could be the key to unlocking a great career with real potential.