Head of Device Analytics
Posted on 16/02/16
Come Join Us
Position Head of Device Analytics
Location Sandwich, Kent, UK or Dublin, Ireland
Company Mylan Global Device Development
For Us, It’s a Mission
Mylan is a global pharmaceutical company committed to setting new standards in healthcare. Working together around the world to provide 7 billion people access to high quality medicine, we innovate to satisfy unmet needs; make reliability and service excellence a habit; do what’s right, not what’s easy; and impact the future through passionate global leadership.
Make a Difference
Our Global Device Development organisation is focused on the design, development and commercialisation of a diverse portfolio of device technology solutions to enable delivery for our large and growing generic and branded products around the globe. We develop device technologies to enable drug-delivery for respiratory, biologic, biosimilar and injectable products, and work across Mylan to support innovative technology solutions to provide healthcare solutions for our patients. We operate from 4 sites: Dublin, Ireland, Cambridge & Sandwich, UK and Southpointe, Pittsburgh, USA. Every member of our team is dedicated to creating better health for a better world, one person at a time.
The Head of Device Analytics will lead the Device Analytical Team in all aspects of device analytical development for all device programs within Global Device Development, including devices to enable respiratory, biologics/biosimilars, injectables, diagnostic and digital healthcare solutions. Lead device analytical development (inclusive of device product and engineering analytical testing activities) across the Dublin, Ireland and Cambridge & Sandwich, UK sites, including device laboratories in the Sandwich & Dublin locations.
Main accountabilities will include:
• Sets the Strategic Direction and responsible for all aspects of the Device Analytical Function.
• Provides technical and people leadership for analytical activities across the Dublin, Ireland and Cambridge & Sandwich, UK sites in support of a diverse device technology portfolio.
• Accountable to deliver analytical solutions for device programs utilising both internal, external and partner capabilities to maximise the efficiency and timelines for all device product development programmes.
• Responsibilities include activities including: engineering verification, design verification, device functional stability, defect management, biological evaluation, extractables/ leachables, management of laboratories at 2 sites, specifications & methods development, transport & shipping studies, development of device control strategy.
• Ensures valid statistical approaches are appropriately applied to analytical development activities.
• Lead analytical activities (internal and external) to deliver device programs aligned with the overall programme needs.
• Works with partner lines/disciplines within Scientific Affairs, Commercial Operations, Commercial Development and with External Partners to identify opportunities and solutions to enable the development programme.
• Ensures the smooth transfer of analytical methodologies developed by the function to commercial manufacturing facilities.
Make Our Values Your Values
Mylan hires only the best. People who thrive in a culture of innovation and empowerment. People who are active learners and have a positive attitude. People who are leaders and know that by working together we can run faster, reach higher and achieve more. By doing so, we will continue to set new standards in healthcare. Here are the minimum qualifications and essential functions for this position:
• Experienced in a Technical Leadership role within the Pharmaceutical Industry (Scientist)
• Experienced in leading analytical teams in delivery within an R&D environment from concept development through to registration and post-market support.
• Ability to interpret and draw conclusions from large amounts of complex data to help solve product development issues.
• Demonstrates sound judgement when making decisions
• Knowledge of drug-delivery technologies within the pharmaceutical industry such as pen-injectors, auto-injectors, diagnostic kits, DPI, pMDI’s,
• Has experience of working at team level where leadership and influencing skills have been applied. Ideally has experience working in and leading multidisciplinary teams across multiple products, sites and operating cultures.
• Well-developed oral and written communication skills to lead or facilitate effective technical and project discussions with technical teams and stakeholders.
• Experience of working with external partners (project providers / CROs / licensees). Evidence of problem solving and influencing when with 3rd parties.
• Able to demonstrate a track record of competence in leading technical problem solving groups.
• Bachelors’ Degree in a pharmaceutical science discipline.
• Proficiency in speaking, comprehending, reading and writing English is required / preferred.
• Higher Degree, PhD, MSc or MBA
If you want to be a part of a global health care company that is making a difference and changing lives, Mylan may be the place for you. With a workforce of more than 30,000 worldwide, we can make a difference. We encourage you to visit Mylan.com to learn more about our unconventional culture, our approach to doing business and how we plan to set new standards in health care.
Mylan offers competitive salary, excellent benefits and an environment conducive to professional growth and advancement. Mylan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To submit your application, please visit www.mylan.com/careers and select UK - you will then need to create a candidate profile to apply for the position.