Finance & Accounts Manager opportunity based onsite at the Discovery Park in Kent!
Posted on 12/04/16
Our client, already well-established in Asia, is launching a new venture in East Kent in the production of bulk pharmaceutical products using environmentally sustainable methods of production. This pioneering manufacturer is developing its operation to include UK and European markets. Initially, we are recruiting for the management team for this ground-breaking, innovative organisation providing a chance for successfully selected candidates to be involved at its inception. The successful start-up team will be committed, driven, hardworking and enthusiastic and will play key roles in ensuring the success of this exciting venture.
Responsible for developing and managing the Company’s finance and accounting function ensuring robust and statutory compliant arrangements, financial management and accounting systems are in place to support the bulk manufacture of API’s to a global market. Responsible for all areas of financial reporting; developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures and producing accurate and timely management and statutory accounts.
- Develop, implement and manage the Company’s finance and accounts function including resources, procedures, information, monitoring, risk management and reporting systems.
- Collate, prepare and interpret reports, budgets, accounts, commentaries and financial statements, provide timely, accurate and relevant management information and ensure statutory compliance.
- Process month and year end reporting, accounts payable/receivable, cash receipts, general ledger, payroll, utilities, treasury, budgeting, cash forecasting, revenue and expenditure, variance analysis, capital asset reconciliation, fixed asset activity and debt activity.
- Undertaking strategic analysis and assist with strategic planning.
- Review the Company’s financing requirements and optimum methods of financing these.
- Research, analyse and report on factors influencing the Company’s performance.
- Produce long term business plans for future business development and growth projects.
- Control current and future project related finance and liaising with banks in this regard.
- Ensure working capital is adequately run and increasing working capital with banks as required.
- Analyse product cost, competitors and market trends and advise accordingly, conduct reviews and evaluations for cost reduction opportunities.
- Monitor and interpret cash flows and predict future trends.
- Liaising with auditors to ensure annual monitoring is carried out.
- Professional accounting or finance qualification/masters or equivalent.
- Significant experience of accounting/general ledger.
- Significant experience of managing a finance or accounts function.
- Significant experience of preparing finance management and accounting information.
- Experience of working autonomously and independently with senior stakeholders to deliver objectives.
- Evidence of developing robust accountancy frameworks.
- An excellent grasp of financial data and statutory reporting requirements.
- A thorough understanding of the use of financial management and accounting information, preferably in a large scale manufacturing environment.
- Extensive knowledge of auditing, analysis, compilation and reconciliation methods used in processing financial and accounts transactions.
- Commercial and business awareness.
- Ability to produce financial models and reporting mechanisms.
- Evidence of working well within sensitive environments.
- Ability to work flexibly in a past paced environment.
- Ability to form excellent relationships with a wide stakeholder base.
- Excellent attention to detail, analytical and data-evaluation skills.
- Excellent computer skills including spreadsheets, word processing, database and other applicable software programs.
- Ability to communicate effectively with accounting staff, department heads and managerial level employees, and the ability to work well in a team atmosphere.
If you are determined and dedicated, then this vacancy could be the key to unlocking a great career with real potential.