Drug Transporter Team Leader
Posted on 08/07/16
**York Bioanalytical Solutions is the premier, independent UK-based provider of bioanalytical, metabolism and ADME services to the world’s pharmaceutical industry.*
As such, we have strong ideas about the value of our staff in providing a top quality scientific service to our clients and recognise the importance of providing an environment in which our employees can develop to the best of their abilities.
Following significant expansion of our DMPK section, we require an experienced scientific leader to join our friendly, professional team. The successful candidate will lead a group performing drug transporter and related cell-based ADME assays in support of drug discovery and development projects at our facility at Discovery Park in Sandwich, Kent.
The ideal candidate will have:
- In-depth knowledge of drug transporters and their impact on the clearance and elimination of potential drugs
- Detailed understanding of the regulatory requirements associated with drug transporters and related ADME science for drug discovery and development programs
- Ability to design, develop, implement and validate drug transporter and cell-based absorption/permeability assays, including cell culture techniques where required
- Proven track record of interpreting drug transporter and related ADME assay data in the context of drug discovery and development projects, including in vitro-in vivo extrapolations and DDI prediction
- Significant experience of supervision and scientific leadership
- Ability to train others to perform all aspects of drug transporter assays
- Flexibility to undertake multiple, potentially complex studies in parallel
- Aptitude for scientific publications, presentations, customer interactions and other business development activities
- A meticulous approach to record keeping and report preparation
Candidates will ideally be educated to degree or higher degree level in a relevant scientific subject.
At least 5 years’ experience of working in a drug transporter role in the pharmaceutical industry or related sector is essential, together with at least 2 years’ experience of a leadership role involving drug transporters and related ADME assays.
The grading of the role is flexible dependent on experience and relevant qualifications.
If you would like to work in a friendly and flexible environment and feel you have the right qualities, please send a detailed CV to: