Device Program Manager
Posted on 16/02/16
Come Join Us
Position: Device Program Manager
Location: Sandwich, Kent, UK or Dublin, Ireland
Company : Mylan Global Device Development
For Us, It’s a Mission
Mylan is a global pharmaceutical company committed to setting new standards in healthcare. Working together around the world to provide 7 billion people access to high quality medicine, we innovate to satisfy unmet needs; make reliability and service excellence a habit; do what’s right, not what’s easy; and impact the future through passionate global leadership.
Make a Difference
Our Global Device Development organisation is focused on the design, development and commercialisation of a diverse portfolio of device technology solutions to enable delivery for our large and growing generic and branded products around the globe. We develop device technologies to enable drug-delivery for respiratory, biologic, biosimilar and injectable products, and work across Mylan to support innovative technology solutions to provide healthcare solutions for our patients. We operate from 4 sites: Dublin, Ireland, Cambridge & Sandwich, UK and Southpointe, Pittsburgh, USA. Every member of our team is dedicated to creating better health for a better world, one person at a time.
The Device Program Manager will provide Project Management/Planning leadership to the Global Device Development organisation. Accountable for leading specific device projects including leading multi-disciplinary teams in the development to drug-delivery devices. Lead and manage core team responsible for device program, generate & maintain integrated project plans, resource forecasts, technical and business risk registers and budgets to enable the Programme Team to meet strategic imperatives.
Main accountabilities will include:
• Provide technical project management, leadership and planning expertise to Global Device Development programmes.
• Partners with cross-functional teams across Global Device Development, and other team members in partner organisations, to lead the creation of Integrated project plans.
• In partnership with Programme team, drive generation of development options, assess value, cost and time. Lead the team to optimize options.
• Drives the team to deliver to project timelines to meet/or exceed key milestones, decision points with a full understanding of critical path activities. • Well-developed communication skills to lead or facilitate effective technical and project discussions. Is able to communicate technical and/or project information to key stakeholders.
• Directly participates in and contributes to project and protocol teams to discuss, review, and optimize protocol and project schedules.
• Works with partner lines/disciplines within Scientific Affairs, Commercial Operations, Commercial Development to identify opportunities and solutions to enable the development programme.
• Manages budgets and forecasts ($) against targets and actuals.
• Leads project what-if scenario analyses (base, optimistic and pessimistic cases) based on information provided by members of the programme team in an effort to negotiate and reach agreement on a realistic, yet aggressive, plan or schedule.
• Responsible for quality of schedule data through review of monitoring/management of the plan with the team members.
Make Our Values Your Values
Mylan hires only the best. People who thrive in a culture of innovation and empowerment. People who are active learners and have a positive attitude. People who are leaders and know that by working together we can run faster, reach higher and achieve more. By doing so, we will continue to set new standards in healthcare. Here are the minimum qualifications and essential functions for this position:
• Experience as Project Manager and/or Senior project planner on complex drug development programmes.
• Well-developed oral and written communication skills to lead or facilitate effective technical and project discussions with technical teams and stakeholders.
• Experience of working with external partners (project providers / CROs / licensees).
• Evidence of problem solving and influencing when with 3rd parties.
• Proficient user of project management planning software (MSP), and able to demonstrate experience of using project management methodologies (Resource management, risk management, budget management etc) • Bachelors’ Degree in a pharmaceutical science or engineering discipline.
• Proficiency in speaking, comprehending, reading and writing English is required / preferred.
• Higher Degree, PhD, MSc or MBA
If you want to be a part of a global health care company that is making a difference and changing lives, Mylan may be the place for you. With a workforce of more than 30,000 worldwide, we can make a difference. We encourage you to visit Mylan.com to learn more about our unconventional culture, our approach to doing business and how we plan to set new standards in health care.
Mylan offers competitive salary, excellent benefits and an environment conducive to professional growth and advancement. Mylan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To submit your application, please visit www.mylan.com/careers and select UK - you will then need to create a candidate profile to apply for the position.