Device Development Project Planner
Posted on 08/02/16
Come Join Us
Position Device Development Project Planner
Location Sandwich, Kent, UK
Contract Contractor position
Company Mylan Pharma UK
For Us, It’s a Mission
At Mylan, we mean it when we say we work every day to provide access to high quality medicines to the world’s 7 billion people. If you are unconventional, relentless and passionate. If you believe in doing what’s right, not what’s easy. If you are a doer and have a passion for serving others, we want to talk to you.
Make a Difference
At Mylan, each person has the ability to make a difference. From the providers who sell and market our products to the producers who develop and manufacture them and finally to our business partners who support the providers and producers, we all have a mission critical role.
Global Device Development is responsible for the design, industrialisation and testing of medical devices and delivery systems across Mylans global portfolio. The team is part of Mylan’s Global Scientific Affairs group.
The purpose of this contractor role, is to lead project planning activities associated with the design development & implementation of medical devices and delivery systems.
• Project manage a schedule of activities across multiple Global Device Development (GDD) projects which will deliver design, development & implementation activities in line with Design Control requirements.
• Working with Management Team drive cross–site activities against the program schedule ensuring that key deliverables are achievable and that all workstreams are aligned to timelines/priorities/component demands and/or reporting timelines.
• Directly accountable for coordinating, monitoring and reporting project schedule information to enable alignment of project and GDD resources ensuring that GDD MT are aware of upcoming resource constraints and that prioritisations are agreed in time to avoid any unnecessary delay to project activities.
• Directly participates in and contributes to project and protocol teams to discuss, review, and optimise protocol and project schedules.
• Monitors progress of project activities towards next project milestone, anticipates and highlights potential variances.
• Supports critical path analyses, and understanding the impact, works with the GDD MT and the program team to identify/recommend solutions to issues or slippages.
• Partners with the GDD MT and program team to identify opportunities and potential solutions to realize efficiency in the development process.
• Continuous improvement of project plans, plan generation, plan utilization and report delivery.
• Responsible for quality of schedule data through review of monitoring/management of the plan with the team members.
• Provides timely reporting to the GDD MT alerting them to the possibility of endangered/missed or conflicting milestones, as well as critical path activities.
• Ensures regular information updates, analysis and interpretation of planning data to program teams.
• Produces what-if scenario analyses (base, optimistic and pessimistic cases) based on information provided by members of the program team in an effort to negotiate and reach agreement on a realistic, yet aggressive, plan or schedule.
Make Our Values Your Values
Mylan hires only the best. People who thrive in a culture of innovation and empowerment. People who are active learners and have a positive attitude. People who are leaders and know that by working together we can run faster, reach higher and achieve more. By doing so, we will continue to set new standards in healthcare. Here are the minimum qualifications and essential functions for this position:
Demonstrable experience of:
¬ Driving project management of medical device and/or drug/device combination programs in line with device design controls and ISO/FDA requirements as applicable to device design.
¬ Project and resource planning.
¬ Device development and manufacturing processes
¬ Analytical approach to problem solving
¬ Ability to work flexibly across cross site in multi-disciplinary teams in jointly achieving project goals.
¬ Excellent communicator; clear and concise in communications with internal and external partners.
¬ Attention to detail in working approach.
¬ Ability to work with peers and communicate complex project management scenarios and concepts
¬ Strong team player that is willing to take on and support other activities outside core expertise as required to develop the future of the team.
¬ Ability to follow prescribed and detailed procedures to solve non-routine problems with an understanding of risk based approach to problem solving & a clear understanding of when to escalate issues.
¬ Willingness to travel between the Dublin, Cambridge, Sandwich.
¬ Degree and relevant experience in a similar role in the Pharmaceutical or Medical device sector.
DESIRABLE ¬ Project management certification (e.g. Prince 2) would be an advantage.
If you want to be a part of a global health care company that is making a difference and changing lives, Mylan may be the place for you. With a workforce of more than 30,000 worldwide, we can make a difference. We encourage you to visit Mylan.com to learn more about our unconventional culture, our approach to doing business and how we plan to set new standards in health care.
Mylan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To submit your application, please submit your CV/Covering letter to email@example.com – stating “Device Development Project Planner” in the subject line.