Desktop Infrastructure IT Technician
Posted on 03/04/17
Come Join Us
Position: Desktop Infrastructure IT Technician
Location: Sandwich, Kent, UK
Contract: Contract Position (12 months)
Company: Mylan Global Respiratory Group
For Us, It’s a Mission
At Mylan, we mean it when we say we work every day to provide access to high quality medicines to the world’s 7 billion people.
If you are unconventional, relentless and passionate. If you believe in doing what’s right, not what’s easy.
If you are a doer and have a passion for serving others, we want to talk to you. Make a Difference
At Mylan, each person has the ability to make a difference.
From the providers who sell and market our products to the producers who develop and manufacture them and finally to our business partners who support the providers and producers, we all have a mission critical role.
- Serve as face-to-face IT representative at the site to answer questions and provide technical support to business partners.
- Provide outstanding technical customer service and support while assisting our business partners with their technology needs.
- Work in conjunction with the IT Service Centre to support the site.
- Interface with business partners regarding new and existing technology solutions such as workstations, mobile computing devices, smartphones, and business applications.
- Configure and maintain AV equipment.
- Diagnose, identify, analyse, and escalate questions and problems reported by business partners.
- Analyse business needs and research new and existing hardware and software technology solutions.
- Log and update records in the Incident Management Tracking system.
- Install, diagnose, repair, and maintain information technology infrastructure including but not limited to workstations, servers, printers, copiers, scanners, fax machines, VOIP, video conferencing, tape backup systems, and networking equipment using the incident management system.
- Maintain workstations and servers using client management tools.
- Communicate recurring or critical problems and issues to key stakeholders, including management, development teams, business partners, and unit leaders.
- Provide “on call” services, and occasional “out of hours” support, responding to incidents in a timely fashion.
Make Our Values Your Values
Mylan hires only the best.
People who thrive in a culture of innovation and empowerment.
People who are active learners and have a positive attitude. People who are leaders and know that by working together we can run faster, reach higher and achieve more.
By doing so, we will continue to set new standards in healthcare. Here are the minimum qualifications and essential functions for this position:
- Outstanding customer service skills to include: communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, time management and able to organise and prioritise workload.
- Confidence in Microsoft Office applications
- Strong knowledge of existing technology solutions and enthusiasm to research new technology solutions as they emerge.
- Excellent technical knowledge and able to troubleshoot problems with IT hardware and software.
- Be able to operate collaboratively across the Mylan Global Respiratory Group organisation (i.e. not in isolation) to achieve clear goals and outcomes to advance the organisation.
- Be prepared for occasional business travel within the UK.
- Proficiency in speaking, comprehending, reading and writing English is required.
If you want to be a part of a global health care company that is making a difference and changing lives, Mylan may be the place for you.
With a workforce of more than 35,000 worldwide, we can make a difference.
We encourage you to visit Mylan.com to learn more about our unconventional culture, our approach to doing business and how we plan to set new standards in health care. Mylan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this position, please submit your CV/Covering letter to email@example.com stating “Desktop Infrastructure IT Technician” in the subject line.