Chief Technology Officer
Posted on 06/07/16
About the Role
As part of our expanding UK based team, we are looking for a Chief Technology Officer to be responsible for both technical pre-sales and delivery.
You will be reporting directly to the UK Managing Director, but will work very closely with our other country CTOs, production units and other architects across the company.
You will engage with customers during both the pre-sales and the full project lifecycle, supporting their vision of digital transformation within their organisations.
This is a senior leadership role not only in the UK, but also as part of the wider FFW organisation.
Your typical responsibilities would include:
- Analyse requirements; brainstorm ideas about technical approach; and generally be a technical brain for the sales team
- Generate potential ideas and investigate how they can be achieved, both externally (software documentation, case studies, general assets available on the internet regarding the specific challenge) and internally by collaborating with our internal subject matter experts.
- Define the initial software architecture and process approach for a proposal and communicate and align it with our delivery teams.
- Write the Solution Description based on the software architecture approach chosen.
- Work closely with our sales and delivery teams to agree scope and estimate effort for projects, including mitigating any risk
- Participate in pitch presentations and sales meetings
- Author technical aspects of a proposal
- Participate in the continuous improvement of our overall service offering
B. Delivery – overall responsibility for the deliverables through FFW UK, both in quality of delivery and in following the latest trends in the industry:
- Participate in project kick-off meetings - bring the team up to speed with the technical aspects of a project.
- Manage and assist the project teams
- Ensure both technical and project management processes are followed
- Ensure the build/code quality remains high
- Oversee the production of good quality documentation
- Ensure the QA process and practices are being followed
- Occasionally step into any of the above roles to support or direct the action, as needed
- Maintain a strong, direct relationship with the key decision makers at the client, to build a strong sense of trust as a strategic service provider
- Act as technical escalation point
The ideal candidate will:
- Have deep experience architecting web solutions for enterprise customers, including, front-end, back-end and infrastructure layers.
- Be comfortable managing multiple concurrent responsibilities and delivering on time.
- Have tactical experience implementing systems for CI, workflow, and best practice adherence.
- Be able to demonstrate Leadership skills
- Have the ability to talk directly with customers and explain technical topics in a business friendly way.
Why Should You Join Our Team?
FFW is a large agency with a start-up mentality. We look for ambitious individuals who strive for new challenges and opportunities. You will have the chance to work with some of the best known brands in the world. Individuals that can take initiative and ownership over their work are recognised and rewarded. We offer travel, participation in conferences, and other professional development opportunities.
How to Apply (No agencies please!)
To apply or find out more about FFW, or the role, please contact our UK managing director at email@example.com