Analytical Scientist (Six month contract)
Posted on 10/02/17
For Us, It’s a Mission
At Mylan, we mean it when we say we work every day to provide access to high quality medicines to the world’s seven billion people.
If you are unconventional, relentless and passionate. If you believe in doing what’s right, not what’s easy. If you are a doer and have a passion for serving others, we want to talk to you.
Make a Difference
At Mylan, each person has the ability to make a difference.
From the providers who sell and market our products to the producers who develop and manufacture them and finally to our business partners who support the providers and producers, we all have a mission critical role.
- Carry out all analytical activities required to deliver new respiratory products to clinical studies and commercialization
- Plan and execute experiments to generate scientific understanding in development of analytical methods, formulations and processes.
- Perform analyses related to clinical supplies, stability, and process scale up.
- Process data, interpret results and report experimental outcomes to project development team.
- Troubleshoot instrumentation and investigate aberrant sample results.
- Maintain laboratory documentation in accordance with cGMP documentation practices.
- Contribute to project delivery by carrying out other tasks (e.g. laboratory housekeeping, ordering, shipping samples) as required.
Make Our Values Your Values
Mylan hires only the best. People who thrive in a culture of innovation and empowerment. People who are active learners and have a positive attitude.
People who are leaders and know that by working together we can run faster, reach higher and achieve more.
By doing so, we will continue to set new standards in healthcare. Here are the minimum qualifications and essential functions for this position:
- Relevant Bachelor of Science Degree (for example Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Forensics) or substantial practical work experience.
- Good IT skills (including Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Good understanding of laboratory safety and best practice.
- Good understanding of basic principles of physical, organic and analytical chemistry.
- Familiar with basic concepts of calculations used in analytical chemistry.
- Good understanding of modern laboratory techniques, including HPLC. Practical experience is desirable.
- Able to work autonomously to deliver individual tasks; able to organise tasks allocated by supervisor and plan own work to consistently achieve output of high quality results in a timely manner.
- Able to work collaboratively within a team environment.
- Good written and oral communication.
- Knowledge of cGMP/GLP.
- Knowledge of statistics (e.g. T-test, ANOVA, linear regression).
- Experience in development and testing of Inhalation Products.
- Experience of physical properties testing, e.g. particle size, surface area, amorphous content.
If you want to be a part of a global health care company that is making a difference and changing lives, Mylan may be the place for you. With a workforce of more than 35,000 worldwide, we can make a difference. We encourage you to visit Mylan.com to learn more about our unconventional culture, our approach to doing business and how we plan to set new standards in health care. Mylan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To submit your application, please submit your CV/Covering letter to email@example.com – stating “Analytical Scientist” in the subject line.