Discovery Park tenants can apply for a loan from KCC
Posted on 05/08/16
Kent County Council has recently opened a pre-application process for companies, including startups, to get involved with a loan scheme to help them get going – but hurry, the deadline is fast approaching!
KCC’s scheme allows small and medium sized businesses apply for a lnnovation Investment Loan, an investment between £100,000 and £500,000.
Eligible companies must have the potential for innovation and high growth within the Kent and Medway areas.
The 0% loans, funded by the South East Local Enterprise Partnership, Local Growth Fund, aim to deliver £1.3m to local businesses in 2016/17.
The loans can be used to develop new or expand existing products, services or processes.
To apply for a loan, a company must meet the following criteria:
- Be a sole trader, partnership, limited company or a not for profit business
- Be seeking a loan between £100,000 and £500,000
- Currently have less than 250 employees
- Be providing employment – either creating or safeguarding jobs in the designated areas
- Be seeking to exploit and develop new technology, products or services.
The pre-application process is now open, and closes on August 12.
Eligible companies can now apply for their loan, to find out whether or not your company is eligible, and to find out more about the scheme, visit Kent County Council’s website.